The start of a relationship can be a slippery slope. While dating in Dallas or dating in Houston, young lovers can be overwhelmed with their anxiousness and excitement. They tend to over think their new relationship. Sometimes they depend on guessing games about what their partner thinks or what he or she might want. Since new lovers are taking the course of hit and miss in their new relationship, it’s inevitable that this can at times lead to a hefty argument.
Although each relationship can be as unique as fingerprints, there are basic rules that can help your budding romance avoid small arguments and make you experience a smooth start.
Here is your relationship guide to new relationships, so you can begin enjoying each other’s company.
* Do not presume. Girls, we are usually guilty of this one. We expect that our new beau will know what we want. We have this, “if he loves me, then I don’t need to tell him that...”notion. Expecting that our new boyfriend will know 100% of the time will lead to disappointments. Men are not mindreaders. We need to tell them what we want and don’t want. We need to learn to be direct about our feelings. So heed this relationship guide.
* Never kiss and tell is relationship guide number two. We usually have this belief that men are more prone to kiss and tell, but in reality, women are more vicious when it comes to breaking this rule. They leave no details unturned when it comes to confessing it to their girlfriends. Where men are concerned, there are still jerks out there who can’t help but brag about his latest conquest. But when men are serious about the relationship, their mouths are sealed.
* Lighten-up. Insecurity is at its peak during the beginning of the union. That is because both of you still don’t have a good grasp about the relationship. This could mean that jealousy can be triggered easily. This is where this rule applies. Don’t pick a fight just because he glanced at the girl with revealing clothes. Likewise, with him, he shouldn’t walk out on you just because you said his best friend looks like Colin Farrell, and he knows you are crazy about Colin Farrell. It’s not like either of you is trying to do it with them.
* Do not become clingy. If you are clingy you could end your new romance in a snap. So, stop being a parasite and give each other some space. Avoid smothering your new beau if you want your union to flourish.
* Don’t go ahead of time. Do not talk about wedding gowns, marriages, and kids. It will scare your new man away. This does not mean that he’s commitment phobic; he just wants to enjoy the relationship as it is now... and you should too.
* Be friends with his friends, but don’t dismiss yours. Being friends with your new boyfriend’s pal will be good for him, but this doesn’t mean that you should forget yours. This also means that you should not forget that you had a life before this relationship.
* Set your own rules. The beginning of the relationship is the perfect time to set what it is you want in this union. This means discussing what is important in the relationship, and how important it is to you.